WILPF envisions a transformed world at peace, where there is racial, social, and economic justice for all people everywhere a world in which:
- The needs of all people are met in a fair and equitable manner.
- All people equally participate in making the decisions that affect the greater good.
- The interconnected web of life is acknowledged and celebrated in diverse ways.
- Human societies are designed and organized for sustainable existence.
WILPF members create the peaceful transformation they wish to see in the world by making connections that:
- Provide continuity with the past so that knowledge of historical events and patterns informs current activities for change.
- Create analysis and action that reflect and reinforce each other.
- Link and challenge root causes of oppression, especially racism, sexism, heterosexism, militarism, economic disparity, and political disempowerment.
- Build and strengthen relationships and movements for justice, peace, and radical democracy.
WILPF empowers women to work effectively for peace and justice in branches across the US and in international sections around the world. The Triangle Area Branch was founded in 1935, one of the first in the United States. We invite you to join us!